1. A, how old are you today? Nine.
2. How does it feel to be 9? Great!
3. Why? Because I'm older.
4. I think you will like being nine, don't you? Of course! Because I'm older and I have more abilities and it's awesome being able to start a whole new year.
5. What do you think are the most important things you’ve learned in life so far? To trust in God. And how to be whatever age I am--I mean, I just need to focus on being really good at being the age I am at the time. And...what else...oh, that everyone is created equal.
6. How do you think you’re different from a year ago? I'm 365 days older. I'm taller, stronger, tougher. And the number of injuries I've had has grown for sure.
7. What’s your favorite thing about having a birthday? Cake and presents and cards.
8. What are your nicknames? Dan. And Fire, because that's what "A" means.
9. What do you think of your school? It's like any other school, except it's international and my best friends are there.
10. What do you like learning about? Animals. Biology. Herpetology. Where words come from.
11. What's your favorite Bible story? When Jesus made the animals. (Me: You mean when God did? A: Mom, it's the Trinity. Jesus was there too. Me: Oh. Right.)
12. Who's your favorite person in the Bible? Jesus.
14. Tell me about our family.
15. What do you like about having brothers? Well, sometimes they help me. And I always have company. Sometimes they give me too much company, but at least I'm never lonely.
r favorite toy? Legos.
19. What is your favorite place to go? Taiwan. All my friends are there and I miss it.
20. What do you love to do? Climb, swim to the bottom of the pool, go on nature walks, read.
21. What's your favorite book? How to Be a Pirate.
22. What would be the best thing someone could give you? Magical powers. I would give myself the ability to talk to any animal, or to turn into animals.
23. If you had a whole day to do anything you wanted, what would you do? Go to Six Flags!
24. Do you think you’ll ever get married?
25. How old do you think you’ll be if you do get married?
26. What’s your favorite food?
27. Anything you’re scared of? The dark. Clowns. Falling in love, because then I might have to get married someday.
29. Anything else you’d like to say?
30. Can you think of any questions I should have asked but didn’t?
Thanks for the interview, A!
See you here again next year when you turn ten.
Okay. Can I get a pocketknife then?
Okay. Bye for now!